ROGER STONE TOLD TRUMP HE CAN REMAIN PRESIDENT AFTER JANUARY 20, 2021
Presidential Election – December 28, 2020
TrueNewsBlog – TNB
By: Nathaniel Ballantyne
(TrueNewsBlog) – Less than a week after his controversial pardon, Roger Stone said he was able to thank President Donald Trump in person over the weekend.
Stone posted about his meeting with Trump on Parler, a social media site that has been attracting conservative commentators after Twitter and Facebook restricted posts that included false or misleading information about the 2020 election.
“I also told the president exactly how he can appoint a special counsel with full subpoena power to ensure those who are attempting to steal the 2020 election through voter fraud are charged and convicted and to ensure Donald Trump continues as our president,” Stone wrote.
Trump pardoned Stone on December 23 along with 19 other individuals, including his son-in-law’s father. So far, the president has granted clemency for five people who were convicted during former special counsel Robert Mueller‘s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Stone was sentenced to 40 months in prison after he was convicted on seven counts of witness tampering, lying to Congress and obstructing the inquiry by the House of Representatives into the Trump campaign’s possible coordination with Russia. Before the pardon, the president commuted Stone’s sentence in July.
Mueller’s investigation found that Russia had interfered in the 2016 presidential election campaign in an effort to benefit Trump but the probe didn’t conclude that Trump or his campaign conspired with the foreign power.
Stone first celebrated the pardon during an appearance on Fox News, telling host Tucker Carlson that Trump was “the greatest president since Abraham Lincoln.”
“I have an enormous debt of gratitude to God almighty for giving the president the strength and courage to recognize that my prosecution was a completely politically motivated witch hunt and that my trial was a Soviet-style show trial in which the judge denied us any powerful line of defense,” Stone added.
Since then, Stone has also threatened to sue the Department of Justice, Mueller, former FBI Director James Comey and other high-profile figures. In a post to Parler, Stone said he was going to file a $25 million lawsuit “against the DOJ and each of these individuals personally.”
Trump has yet to concede the race to President-elect Joe Biden, even after the Electoral College confirmed the Democrats win earlier this month. Instead, the president has continued to make baseless accusations of widespread election fraud and has filed dozens of lawsuits challenging results in key battleground states. Nearly all of them have failed.
Trump has also publicly called for a special counsel to investigate the alleged fraud. But former Attorney General Bill Barr, who left his post on December 23, said he didn’t see the need for one.